Monday, July 15, 2013

Song Of The Week: MS MR - 'Think Of You'

Standing in the Topman changing room, after hours hell-bent on searching for the perfect suit, I hear this sudden surge of loud drums and orchestration, accompanied with a chilling, striking belt of "I still think of you and all the shit you put me through..". Having a semi-naked groove to myself in the changing room, I find myself obsessed with this song but clueless as to what it's called, or who its by. Scouring the internet for this song with only 13 words, I am unsuccessful in finding it. Nothing worse right?
With the official video premiering 6 days ago (and being all over the blogosphere since), I watched and as soon as the chorus kicked in, I could of screamed with happiness. I finally found it. The surging indie-pop number sees the duo exploring the toxic relationship she once had over a booming drums-tinged beat. Being insatiably infectious, the track is pure gold. I would even go as far as saying, one of my favourite tracks of the year so far. I am relatively new to the hipster duo at this point, I've yet to listen to 'Secondhand Rapture'. However 'Hurricane' and the equally amazing CHVCHES remix of the aforementioned track are bonafide tunes, so I'm expecting nothing less than amazing from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment